Graphenstone - Ecosphere Interior Paint
Ecosphere Premium is a natural matt lime paint with graphene technology for interior walls and ceilings. Suitable for painting most interior surfaces including previously painted walls, new plaster, gypsum, brickwork, wallpaper, wood and metal etc.
The combination of graphene technology with a high quality lime paint gives all the benefits of a natural lime paint (anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-mould, highly breathable and absorbs CO2) while the graphene ensures that the product is also washable, flexible and water repellent without the addition of acrylics or toxic chemical compounds.
Ideal for construction, restoration and repainting. Made of a high mineral ingredients this paint achieves a fire rating of A1 (EU) and Class 0 (BS Building Regs).
Available in White and 14 pastel shades.
Colour Cards & Samples
As with all paints we strongly advise the purchase of sample pots where available, we also offer colour cards free of charge to help you narrow down the colour for you - Order a Colour Card.
Sample pots are only available for the Grafclean Interior. There might be very minor discrepancies in colour between product ranges due to differing bases and pigments used.
- Excellent hiding power
- Over 98% whiteness
- Absorbs CO2 (4.8Kg per 15L)
- Matt finish
- Very Low VOC, < 1 g/l
- Very Breathable, SD value: < 0.14 m
- Tough and long lasting
- Formaldehyde free
- Excellent Washability: Class 1
- Excellent flexibilty - non cracking formula
- High adherene to substrates
- Fire performance: A1 (EU), Class 0 (British Standard)
- Cradle to Cradle Certified GOLD (White), SILVER (Colours)
Drying time: Quick drying 2-4 hours between coats, 24 hours until fully dry, 30 days until fully cured.
Approx coverage: 12-18m2 per Litre (supplied as a concentrate - dilute 10-15% with water before application).
How the paint absorbs Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
Graphenstone Ecosphere is made from a base of artisanal lime paste extracted using traditional methods. After the paint is applied to your wall or ceiling it goes through a process of carbonation as the paint dries. During this curing process (the bulk of which is done during the initial 3-4 days after painting and almost entirely within the first 30 days) the lime absorbs CO2.
Three 15L pots of Ecosphere paint absorbs 14.40kg of CO2 which is approximately the same amount as an adult tree absorbs during a whole year!
Mineral substrates must be at least 28 days old before application. Substrates must also be resistant to high alkalinity. If in doubt apply to a test area first.
Do not apply to surfaces in constant contact with water.
Total curing occurs during the first 30 days. We recommend to avoid cleaning and/or rubbing the painted surface during that time.
For more detailed information, download the Graphenstone datasheets (opens in a new tab):
- White: Ecosphere (White) Technical Data Sheet and Ecosphere (White) Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
- Colours: Ecosphere (Colours) Technical Data Sheet and Ecosphere (Colours) Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
Other documentation and certification:
(All pdfs open in a new tab).
- REACTION AGAINST FIRE - A1 (Report No: 18.203 under Regulation (EU) No. 305/2011 for Fire classification)
- Fire Safety to The Building Regulation 2000 - Class 0 (Report No 392942/-45 under BS 476:Part 6:1989+A1: 2009 and BS 476:Part 7: 1997)
- Cradle to Cradle GOLD Paints & Fillers - Certificate
- Cradle to Cradle Health GOLD - Certificate
- Global Green Tag LEVEL A - Certificate
- GreenTag Health PLATINUM - Certificate
- Sensitive Choice Approved - Certificate
- Sustainable Building Certification (VERDE, LEED v4, LEED 2009, BREEAM) - Certificate
- Declaration of CO2 Absorption (ES, EN)
- Environmental Product Declaration - verified and registered document that communicates transparent and comparable information about the life-cycle environmental impact of products. The International EPD® System is a global programme for environmental declarations based on ISO 14025 and EN 15804.
Rollers, brushes and spray guns should be cleaned with warm water after use.
Packaging and Waste Management
Graphenstone Paint pots are made of polypropylene (PP) - number 5 in the recycling triangle code - and are therefore 100% recyclable. The plastic polypropylene pots that Graphenstone use are made of 80% recycled content.
Please recycle or reuse empty pots according to your local waste and recycling scheme. If you have left over paint please consider these ideas for using up or donating left-over paint. Please dispose of left over paint responsibly (paint should never be put down the drain).
Ecosphere is available in White and 14 stunning pastel shades: Argento, Briar Rose, Cassium, Chiffon, Clotted Cream, Glacier, Ivory, Pearl Barley, Pebble, Porcelaine, Provencal, Straw, Wheaten and White Linen.
Complete the look
- GrafClean - Indoor paint suitable for areas that require constant cleaning (more like an acrylic paint).
- GrafClean Mid Sheen - Higher sheen (10%) version of the original GrafClean (Ultra Matt) paint. Perfect for woodwork and metal.
How to prep walls for painting
See the Ecosphere Technical Data Sheets (above) for full details, however in brief:
For all surfaces
- Ensure the substrate is dry, sound and clean.
- If the substrate has salt deposits, brush and apply Graphenstone Neutralysal Premium
- If the substrate contains a high moisture level, apply Graphenstone StopWater Premium
For previously painted walls
- When applying over glossy paint, sand the surface lightly to create a "key".
- Remove flaking and unstable paint. Create a uniform surface with Graphenstone Filler Primer
For unpainted surfaces
You can prime walls with:
- Graphenstone Nevada Ultra - economical breathable primer.
- Graphenstone Ambient Primer L42 - primer for interior walls and ceilings.
- Graphenstone Minerseal Premium - for very absorbent surfaces ie clay, adobe, rammed earth etc and for consolidating dusty mineral surfaces.
- Graphenstone Four2Four Premium - for wood, metal or non porous surfaces such as ceramic tiles.
How to prepare Graphenstone Ecosphere paint
- Stir and dilute with water to 10-15% of the product weight (150-200 ml of water per litre of product approx.), ensure a homogeneous mixture. Avoid excessive shaking to minimize bubbles.
- Apply 2 or 3 coats evenly by roller, brush or airless spray gun.
- Note: an excess of product by layers can generate micro-cracks.
You may also need Brushes or Rollers, Masking Tape and Paint Trays - see our Painting Accessories page.
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed
£19.16 (inc VAT) £15.97 (ex VAT)
£35.00 (inc VAT) £29.17 (ex VAT)
£17.86 (inc VAT) £14.88 (ex VAT)
£41.00 (inc VAT) £34.17 (ex VAT)