Graphenstone - Biosphere Exterior Paint
Biosphere Premium is a natural matt lime paint with graphene technology for exterior walls. It has a very slight mineral texture.
The combination of graphene technology with a high quality lime paint gives all the benefits of a natural lime paint (anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-mould and highly breathable) while the graphene ensures that the product is also washable, flexible and water repellent without the addition of acrylics or toxic chemical compounds.
Ideal for construction, restoration and repainting. Made of a high mineral ingredients this paint achieves a fire rating of A1 (EU) and Class 0 (BS Building Regs). It is also certified for moisture control in concrete surface protection systems (EN 1504-2).
Available in White and 14 pastel shades.
Colour Cards & Samples
As with all paints we strongly advise the purchase of sample pots where available, we also offer colour cards free of charge to help you narrow down the colour for you - Order a Colour Card.
Sample pots are only available for the Grafclean Interior. There might be very minor discrepancies in colour between product ranges due to differing bases and pigments used.
- Excellent hiding power
- Over 98% whiteness
- Matt finish
- Very Low VOC, < 1 g/l
- Very Breathable, SD value: < 0.02 m
- Tough and long lasting
- Formaldehyde free
- Excellent Washability: Class 1
- Excellent flexibilty - non cracking formula
- High adherene to substrates
- Fire performance: A1 (EU), Class 0 (British Standard)
- Cradle to Cradle Certified GOLD (White), SILVER (Colours).
Drying time: Quick drying 2-4 hours between coats, 24 hours until fully dry, 30 days until fully cured.
Approx coverage: 12-18m2 per Litre (supplied as a concentrate - dilute 10-15% with water before application).
If the substrate presents algae, mould, fungi and / or other impurities, it is recommended to do a thorough cleaning, eliminating it entirely and with specific products for this purpose.
Mineral substrates must be at least 28 days old before application. Substrates must also be resistant to high alkalinity. If in doubt apply to a test area first.
In the case of rain (for exterior applications) let the substrate dry for at least 48 hours before applying the primer and protect the treated surface from rain for at least 4 days.
Do not apply to surfaces in constant contact with water.
Total curing occurs during the first 30 days. We recommend to avoid cleaning and/or rubbing the painted surface during that time.
For more detailed information, download the Graphenstone datasheets (opens in a new tab):
- White: Biosphere (White) Technical Data Sheet and Biosphere (White) Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
- Colours: Biosphere (Colours) Technical Data Sheet and Biosphere (Colours) Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
Other documentation and certification:
(All pdfs open in a new tab).
- Declaration of Performance - EN 1504-2 (EC Certificate No. 1170 / CPR / ER.0311) - Biosphere products according to the standard EN 1504-2 for use in humidity control for the surface protection of concrete.
- REACTION AGAINST FIRE - A1 (Report No: 18.203 under Regulation (EU) No. 305/2011 for Fire classification)
- Fire Safety to The Building Regulation 2000 - Class 0 (Report No 392942/-45 under BS 476:Part 6:1989+A1: 2009 and BS 476:Part 7: 1997)
- Cradle to Cradle GOLD Paints & Fillers - Certificate
- Cradle to Cradle Health GOLD - Certificate
- Global Green Tag LEVEL A - Certificate
- GreenTag Health PLATINUM - Certificate
- Sensitive Choice Approved - Certificate
- Sustainable Building Certification (VERDE, LEED v4, LEED 2009, BREEAM) - Certificate
- Environmental Product Declaration - verified and registered document that communicates transparent and comparable information about the life-cycle environmental impact of products. The International EPD® System is a global programme for environmental declarations based on ISO 14025 and EN 15804.
Rollers, brushes and spray guns should be cleaned with warm water after use.
Packaging and Waste Management
Graphenstone Paint pots are made of polypropylene (PP) - number 5 in the recycling triangle code - and are therefore 100% recyclable. The plastic polypropylene pots that Graphenstone use are made of 80% recycled content.
Please recycle or reuse empty pots according to your local waste and recycling scheme. If you have left over paint please consider these ideas for using up or donating left-over paint. Please dispose of left over paint responsibly (paint should never be put down the drain).
Biosphere is available in White and 14 stunning pastel shades: Argento, Briar Rose, Cassium, Chiffon, Clotted Cream, Glacier, Ivory, Pearl Barley, Pebble, Porcelaine, Provencal, Straw, Wheaten and White Linen.
Complete the look
- Ecosphere - Paint for interiors.
- GrafClean - Indoor paint suitable for areas that require constant cleaning (more like an acrylic paint).
- GrafClean Mid Sheen - Higher sheen (10%) version of the original GrafClean (Ultra Matt) paint. Perfect for woodwork and metal.
How to prep walls for painting
See the Biosphere Technical Data Sheets for full details (above), however in brief:
For all surfaces
- Ensure the substrate is dry, sound and clean.
- If the substrate has salt deposits, brush and apply Graphenstone Neutralysal Premium
- If the substrate contains a high moisture level, apply Graphenstone StopWater Premium
For previously painted walls
- When applying over glossy paint, sand the surface lightly to create a "key".
- Remove flaking and unstable paint. Create a uniform surface with Graphenstone Filler Primer
For unpainted surfaces
You can prime walls with:
- Graphenstone Nevada Ultra - Economical breathable primer.
- Graphenstone Ambient Primer L44 - primer with anti-algae and anti-mould effect for exterior walls.
- Graphenstone Minerseal Premium - for very absorbent surfaces ie clay, adobe, rammed earth etc and for consolidating dusty mineral surfaces.
- Graphenstone Four2Four Premium - for wood, metal or non porous surfaces such as ceramic tiles.
How to prepare Graphenstone Biosphere paint
- Stir and dilute with water to 10-15% of the product weight (150-200 ml of water per litre of product approx.), ensure a homogeneous mixture. Avoid excessive shaking to minimize bubbles.
- Apply 2 or 3 coats evenly by roller, brush or airless spray gun.
- Note: an excess of product by layers can generate micro-cracks.
You may also need Brushes or Rollers, Masking Tape and Paint Trays - see our Painting Accessories page.
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed
£20.00 (inc VAT) £16.67 (ex VAT)
£94.00 (inc VAT) £78.33 (ex VAT)
£20.03 (inc VAT) £16.69 (ex VAT)
£35.00 (inc VAT) £29.17 (ex VAT)