Graphenstone - Nevada Ultra Eco Trade Emulsion & Primer also suitable for Mist Coat
Eco Trade Emulsion/White Ceiling Paint. Eco friendly Mist Coat Paint and Primer for new plaster and lime
Nevada Ultra from Graphenstone is an excellent ultra white matt paint used as a cost effective eco Trade Emulsion and bright white ceiling paint. Also for use onto new plasters as a "mist coat" or "primer". It can be used on buildings that require breathable paint finishes as well as in conventional houses.
It can be applied to plaster, gypsum, lime, old paint, prefabricated panels, unlaminated wallpaper, brick or perlite.
Tradespeople might know this type of paint as a "contract matt" as it is perfect for the first coat on bare gypsum plaster. It can be used as an economical priming coat under any of the interior Graphenstone wall paints.
Landlords and people moving home also love Nevada Ultra paint to give white ceilings a spruce up and with virtually no smell it is a win win.
Nevada Ultra can also be used as a final paint finish on interior walls in low traffic areas (2 to 4 coats may be required depending on colour underneath). It is class 2 in washability and therefore does not have the wipability strength of other paints in the Graphenstone Interior range - for example Grafclean.
For exterior use, Nevada should only ever be used as a priming coat under exterior paints within the Graphenstone range.
Only available in White.
- Interior and exterior use (exterior only as a priming coat)
- High covering power
- Low Sheen Flat Matt finish
- Very Low VOC, < 0.1 %/l
- Breathable - Class 1 - Sd <0.14
- Tough and long lasting
- Formaldehyde free (eliminates formaldehydes)
- Good Washability: Class 2
- High adherence to substrates
Drying time: Quick drying 2-4 hours between coats, 24 hours until fully dry, 30 days until fully cured.
Approx coverage: 14-20m2 per Litre (supplied as a concentrate - dilute 10-15% with water before application). At least 2 coats are usually required.
Mineral substrates must be at least 28 days old before application. Substrates must also be resistant to high alkalinity. If in doubt apply to a test area first.
Do not apply to surfaces in constant contact with water.
Should there be any strict asthetic requirements, it is recommented to carry our preliminary tests.
For more detailed information, download the Graphenstone Nevada Ultra Technical Data Sheet, opens in new tab.
Rollers, brushes and spray guns should be cleaned with warm water after use.
Packaging and Waste Management
Graphenstone Paint pots are made of polypropylene (PP) - number 5 in the recycling triangle code - and are therefore 100% recyclable. The plastic polypropylene pots that Graphenstone use are made of 80% recycled content.
Please recycle or reuse empty pots according to your local waste and recycling scheme. If you have left over paint please consider these ideas for using up or donating left-over paint. Please dispose of left over paint responsibly (paint should never be put down the drain).
Complete the look
- EcoSphere - Matt indoor paint made with lime and graphene. Also absorbs CO2 and has an anti-mould and anti-bacteria effect improving air quality.
- GrafClean Interior Wall paint - High performance matt interior paint. Perfect for high traffic areas like hallways and kitchens.
- GrafClean Mid Sheen - Higher sheen (10%) version of this paint. Perfect for woodwork and metal.
- Grafclean Exterior Wall Paint - High performance breathable matt exterior paint.
How to prep walls for painting
See the Nevada Ultra Technical Data Sheet for full details, however in brief:
For all surfaces
- Ensure the substrate is dry, sound and clean.
- If the substrate has salt deposits, brush and apply Graphenstone Neutralysal Premium
- If the substrate contains a high moisture level, apply Graphenstone StopWater Premium
For previously painted walls
- When applying over glossy paint, sand the surface lightly to create a "key".
- Remove flaking and unstable paint. Create a uniform surface with Graphenstone Filler Primer
How to prepare Graphenstone Nevada paint
- Stir and dilute with water to 10-15% of the product weight (150-200 ml of water per litre of product approx.), ensure a homogeneous mixture. Avoid excessive shaking to minimize bubbles.
- Apply 2 or 3 coats evenly by roller, brush or airless spray gun.
- Note: an excess of product by layers can generate micro-cracks.
Pro tip! The minerals in the paint need distributing evenly so if you go back over where you have painted (while you are working on that area and before it has dried) it will help with coverage.
You may also need Brushes or Rollers, Masking Tape and Paint Trays - see our Painting Accessories page.
Customers also viewed
£19.16 (inc VAT) £15.97 (ex VAT)
£35.00 (inc VAT) £29.17 (ex VAT)
£20.23 (inc VAT) £16.86 (ex VAT)
£17.86 (inc VAT) £14.88 (ex VAT)