Graphenstone - GrafClean Interior Wall Paint
Graphenstone Natural Interior Wall Paint - Washable
Graphenstone's GrafClean mineral paint uses a revolutionary natural vegetable resin and graphene technology to create an outstanding modern mineral paint that can be used both inside and outside*. It can be applied to most surfaces including, plaster, gypsum, old paints, unpainted wallpaper, brick, wood, tiles and metal.
This very low VOC paint dries to an attractive ultra matt finish.
Grafclean performs more like an acrylic paint. It is a washable wall paint making it perfect for use in modern buildings, contemporary interiors, kitchens, bathrooms, hallways and other "high traffic" areas. It is recommended too for application in construction, specifically concrete as it is certified for moisture control in concrete surface protection systems (EN 1504-2).
With an exceptionally high solid content (up to 70%) it offers fantastic coverage.
Available in White and 96 stunning colours. The selected pigments used in the colour range are chosen for their light fastness, stability and resistance to temperature and weather.
*Graphestone GrafClean Interior can be used outside too, however colours suffixed with an (E) are less suited to exterior applications and if your painting job is solely for exterior surfaces (or quantities allow) we suggest you opt for the GrafClean Exterior paint finish instead.
As with all paints we strongly advise the purchase of sample pots where available, we also offer colour cards free of charge to help you narrow down the colour for you - Order a Colour Card.
The following colours are not available for purchase in the 15L size: Bengal, Bordeaux, Brunswick, Burnt Umber, Carnelain, Cinnabar, Ebony, Graphene, Indigo, Juniper, Kombu, Miso, Mulberry, Oxford, Prussian and Tuscan Red.
- Interior and exterior* use
- High covering power
- Ultra Matt finish (3% sheen)
- Very Low VOC, < 1 g/l
- VOC emission: Class A+
- Very Breathable, SD value: Class 1
- Certified for moisture control
- Tough and long lasting
- Formaldehyde free (eliminates formaldehydes)
- Excellent Washability: Class 1
- Excellent flexibility - non cracking formula
- High adherence to substrates
- Fire performance
- nce: Class 0 (British Standard)
Drying time: Quick drying 2-4 hours between coats, 24 hours until fully dry, 30 days until fully cured.
Approx. coverage: 10-16m2 per Litre (supplied as a concentrate - dilute 10-15% with water before application).
Mineral substrates must be at least 28 days old before application. Substrates must also be resistant to high alkalinity. If in doubt apply to a test area first.
Do not apply to surfaces in constant contact with water.
Total curing occurs during the first 30 days. We recommend to avoid cleaning and/or rubbing the painted surface during that time.
Other documentation and certification:
(All pdfs open in a new tab).
- Declaration of Performance - EN 1504-2 (EC Certificate No. 1170 / CPR / ER.0311) - GrafClean Premium products according to the standard EN 1504-2 for use in humidity control for the surface protection of concrete.
- Fire Safety to The Building Regulation 2000 - Class 0 (Report No 392941/ -44001 under BS 476:Part 6:1989+A1: 2009 and BS 476:Part 7: 1997)
- VOC Class A+ (White) - Certificate
- VOC Class A+ (Colours) - Test Report
Rollers, brushes and spray guns should be cleaned with warm water after use.
Packaging and Waste Management
Graphenstone Paint pots are made of polypropylene (PP) - number 5 in the recycling triangle code - and are therefore 100% recyclable. The plastic polypropylene pots that Graphenstone use are made of 80% recycled content.
Please recycle or reuse empty pots according to your local waste and recycling scheme. If you have left over paint please consider these ideas for using up or donating left-over paint. Please dispose of left over paint responsibly (paint should never be put down the drain).
GrafClean is available in White and 96 stunning colours: Adonis, Alabaster, Alpine (E), Amchoor (E), Ardennes (E), Argento (L), Artic (E), Artichoke (E), Ashen, Bengal (E), Blue Steel, Blush, Bordeaux (E), Briar Rose (L), Brunswick (E), Burmese (E), Burnt Umber, Cambridge (E), Carnelain (E), Cassium (L), Celadon (E), Cerulean (E), Chalk Hill Blue (E), Chateaux, Chiﬀon (L), Cinnabar (E), Cinnamon (E), Clotted Cream (L), Damask (E), Dijon, Duck Egg, Ebony, Glacier (L), Gossamer, Grape (E), Graphene (E), Grey Goose, Highland, Iceberg (E), Indigo, Ivory (L), Jaipur (E), Juniper (E), Kombu (E), Latte, Linwood, Lovat, Mink, Miso (E), Mist, Moleskin, Mulberry (E), Nakajima, Ocean (E), Old Bone, Old Lilac (E), Olive, Otter (E), Oxford (E), Pale Walnut, Parmesan (E), Pearl Barley (L), Pebble (L), Periwinkle (E), Pewter (E), Pigeon, Plover, Porcelaine (L), Porpoise, Powder Blue, Provencal (L), Prussian (E), Saddleback (E), Sandstone, Sea Foam (E), Sesame, Sienna, Silver Birch, Silver Moss, Soft Smoke, Stone, Straw (L), Suede (E), Truﬄe (E), Tuberose (E), Tuscan Red (E), Venezia, Vintage, Wardour Blue, Wheat Berry, Wheaten (L), Whisper, White Linen (L), White Pepper, White Sage, White tea.
(E) These colours are less suited to exterior application. If your application is solely for exterior use we suggest you look at the GrafClean Exterior finish instead.
Complete the look
- EcoSphere - Matt indoor paint made with lime and graphene. Also has an anti-mould and anti-bacteria effect improving air quality.
- GrafClean Mid Sheen - Higher sheen (10%) version of this paint. Perfect for woodwork and metal.
How to prep walls for painting
See the GrafClean (White) Technical Data Sheet for full details, however in brief:
For all surfaces
- Ensure the substrate is dry, sound and clean.
- If the substrate has salt deposits, brush and apply Graphenstone Neutralysal Premium
- If the substrate contains a high moisture level, apply Graphenstone StopWater Premium
For previously painted walls
- When applying over glossy paint, sand the surface lightly to create a "key".
- Remove flaking and unstable paint. Create a uniform surface with Graphenstone Filler Primer
For unpainted surfaces
You can prime walls with:
- Graphenstone Nevada Ultra - economical breathable primer.
- Graphenstone Ambient Primer L42 - primer without anti-algae or anti-mould effect of interior walls and ceilings.
- Graphenstone Minerseal Premium - for very absorbent surfaces ie clay, adobe, rammed earth etc and for consolidating dusty mineral surfaces.
- Graphenstone Four2Four Premium - for wood, metal or non porous surfaces such as ceramic tiles.
How to prepare Graphenstone GrafClean paint
- Stir and dilute with water to 10-15% of the product weight (150-200 ml of water per litre of product approx.), ensure a homogeneous mixture. Avoid excessive shaking to minimize bubbles.
- Apply 2 or 3 coats evenly by roller, brush or airless spray gun.
- Note: an excess of product by layers can generate micro-cracks.
You may also need Brushes or Rollers, Masking Tape and Paint Trays - see our Painting Accessories page.