Graphenstone - GCS Interior Premium
Interior Wall Paint with Graphene Technology
Graphenstone's GCS Interior wall paint uses a combination of lime, silicate and natural minerals to create a beautiful matt paint. It can be applied to most surfaces including, plaster, gypsum, old paints, unpainted wallpaper, brick, wood, tiles and metal.
This very low VOC paint dries to an attractive ultra matt finish. It is the perfect partner for restoration, heritage and listed properties as it allows the building to breathe.
The combination of natural lime with graphene produces a very strong and hardwearing paint with all the benefits of a natural lime paint giving you superb air quality inside your home, maintaining the breathability, sustainability and health of the building.
Available in White and 89 stunning colours from the GCS colour card (shown above). Also available in 980 colours from the NCS colour system (contact us for details).
The selected pigments used in the colour range are chosen for their light fastness, stability and resistance to temperature (colours suffixed with an (E) are less suited to exterior applications). The colours Adonis, Artic, Juniper, Moleskin, Indigo, Oxford and Periwinkle are not available in this finish. See GrafClean or GrafClean MidSheen instead.
- Interior use
- High covering power
- Ultra Matt finish (3% sheen)
- Very Low VOC, < 1 g/l
- VOC emission: Class A+
- Very Breathable, SD value: Class 1
- Certified for moisture control
- Tough and long lasting
- Excellent Washability: Class 1
- Excellent flexibilty - non cracking formula
- High adherene to substrates
- Fire performance: Class 0 (British Standard)
- Cradle to Cradle Certified SILVER
- GreenRate Certified: Level A
Drying time: Quick drying 2-4 hours between coats, 24 hours until fully dry, 30 days until fully cured.
Approx coverage: 12-18m2 per Litre (supplied as a concentrate - dilute 10-15% with water before application).
Mineral substrates must be at least 28 days old before application. Substrates must also be resistant to high alkalinity. If in doubt apply to a test area first.
Do not apply to surfaces in constant contact with water.
Total curing occurs during the first 30 days. We recommend to avoid cleaning and/or rubbing the painted surface during that time.
For more detailed information, download the Graphenstone GCS Interior Technical Data Sheet and GCS Interior Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) - Pastel (opens in new tab). Contact us for the MSDS for the colour you are interested in.
Other documentation and certification:
(All pdfs open in a new tab).
- Cradle to Cradle SILVER - Certificate
- Global Green Tag LEVEL A - Certificate
- GreenTag Health PLATINUM - Certificate
- Sensitive Choice Approved - Certificate
- Environmental Product Declaration - verified and registered document that communicates transparent and comparable information about the life-cycle environmental impact of products. The International EPD® System is a global programme for environmental declarations based on ISO 14025 and EN 15804.
- Fire Safety to The Building Regulation 2000 - Class 0 (Report No 392940/-43 under BS 476:Part 6:1989+A1: 2009 and BS 476:Part 7: 1997)
- VOC Levels (all bases) - Test Certificate
Rollers, brushes and spray guns should be cleaned with warm water after use.
Packaging and Waste Management
Graphenstone Paint pots are made of polypropylene (PP) - number 5 in the recycling triangle code - and are therefore 100% recyclable. The plastic polypropylene pots that Graphenstone use are made of 80% recycled content.
Please recycle or reuse empty pots according to your local waste and recycling scheme. If you have left over paint please consider these ideas for using up or donating left-over paint. Please dispose of left over paint responsibly (paint should never be put down the drain).
GCS Interior is available in White and 89 stunning colours: Alabaster, Alpine (E), Amchoor (E), Ardennes (E), Argento (L), Artichoke (E), Ashen, Bengal (E), Blue Steel, Blush, Bordeaux (E), Briar Rose (L), Brunswick (E), Burmese (E), Burnt Umber, Cambridge (E), Carnelain (E), Cassium (L), Celadon (E), Cerulean (E), Chalk Hill Blue (E), Chateaux, Chiﬀon (L), Cinnabar (E), Cinnamon (E), Clotted Cream (L), Damask (E), Dijon, Duck Egg, Ebony, Glacier (L), Gossamer, Grape (E), Graphene (E), Grey Goose, Highland, Iceberg (E), Ivory (L), Jaipur (E), Kombu (E), Latte, Linwood, Lovat, Mink, Miso (E), Mist, Mulberry (E), Nakajima, Ocean (E), Old Bone, Old Lilac (E), Olive, Otter (E), Pale Walnut, Parmesan (E), Pearl Barley (L), Pebble (L), Pewter (E), Pigeon, Plover, Porcelaine (L), Porpoise, Powder Blue, Provencal (L), Prussian (E), Saddleback (E), Sandstone, Sea Foam (E), Sesame, Sienna, Silver Birch, Silver Moss, Soft Smoke, Stone, Straw (L), Suede (E), Truﬄe (E), Tuberose (E), Tuscan Red (E), Venezia, Vintage, Wardour Blue, Wheat Berry, Wheaten (L), Whisper, White Linen (L), White Pepper, White Sage, White tea.
(E) These colours are less suited to exterior application.
Also available in 980 colours from the NCS colour system (contact us for details).
Why do pots have Transparent, Medium or Pastel on them?
That simply refers to the base paint type that the pigments are added into to create the colour.
Complete the look
- EcoSphere - Matt indoor paint made with lime and graphene. Also absorbs CO2 and has an anti-mould and anti-bacteria effect improving air quality.
- GrafClean - Interior wall paint suitable for areas that require constant cleaning (more like an acrylic paint)
- GrafClean Mid Sheen - Higher sheen (10%) version of the GrafClean paint. Perfect for woodwork and metal.
How to prep walls for painting
See the Graphenstone GCS Interior Technical Data Sheet for full details, however in brief:
For all surfaces
- Ensure the substrate is dry, sound and clean.
- If the substrate has salt deposits, brush and apply Graphenstone Neutralysal Premium
- If the substrate contains a high moisture level, apply Graphenstone StopWater Premium
For previously painted walls
- When applying over glossy paint, sand the surface lightly to create a "key".
- Remove flaking and unstable paint. Create a uniform surface with Graphenstone Filler Primer
For unpainted surfaces
You can prime walls with:
- Graphenstone GCS Interior Primer - for absorbent internal surfaces ie cement blocks, bricks, plaster etc.
- Graphenstone Minerseal Premium - for very absorbent surfaces ie clay, adobe, rammed earth etc and for consolidating dusty mineral surfaces.
- Graphenstone Four2Four Premium - for wood, metal or non porous surfaces such as ceramic tiles.
How to prepare Graphenstone GCS Interior paint
- Stir and dilute with water to 10-15% of the product weight (150-200 ml of water per liter of product approx.), ensure a homogeneous mixture. Avoid excessive shaking to minimize bubbles.
- Apply 2 or 3 coats evenly by roller, brush or airless spray gun.
- Note: an excess of product by layers can generate micro-cracks.
You may also need Brushes or Rollers, Masking Tape and Paint Trays - see our Painting Accessories page.
Customers also viewed
£17.58 (inc VAT) £14.65 (ex VAT)
£18.56 (inc VAT) £15.47 (ex VAT)
£35.00 (inc VAT) £29.17 (ex VAT)
£41.00 (inc VAT) £34.17 (ex VAT)