Graphenstone - Ambient Primer L42 (Interior and Exterior)
L42 Primer for Walls and Ceilings (Interior and Exterior)
Graphenstone Primer L42 is a mineral primer with graphene technology designed to increase the durability of photocatalytic paints.
This colourless primer allows a uniform top coat colour to be obtained. It is recommended to homogenise repaired surfaces. It does not alter the breathability of the substrate.
Diiulte this primer 1:1 with water before applying to any type of surfaces common in construction: mortar, brick, concrete, old paints, etc.
Recommended for use with Graphenstone photocatalytic paints and must be used with their Ambient Pro+ Premium Paint.
- Concentrate (dilute 1:1 with water)
- Regulates the substrates absorption and texture
- Stabilises the photocatalytic paint system
- Increases the durabilty of the painted surface
- Very Low VOC, < 1 g/l
- Does not alter the breathability of the substrate
- Tough and long lasting
- Formaldehyde free
Drying time: Allow approximately 24 hours before applying top coat(s).
Approx coverage: 26-30m2 per Litre (primer is supplied as a concentrate - dilute 1:1 with water before applying)
Mineral substrates must be at least 28 days old before application. Substrates must also be resistant to high alkalinity. If in doubt apply to a test area first.
In the case of rain (for exterior applications) let the substrate dry for at least 24 hours before applying the primer and protect the treated surface from rain until the application of the finishing coat.
Do not apply to surfaces in constant contact with water.
Rollers, brushes and spray guns should be cleaned with warm water after use.
Packaging and Waste Management
Graphenstone Primer pots are made of polypropylene (PP) - number 5 in the recycling triangle code - and are therefore 100% recyclable. The plastic polypropylene pots that Graphenstone use are made of 80% recycled content.
Please recycle or reuse empty pots according to your local waste and recycling scheme. If you have left over paint please consider these ideas for using up or donating left-over paint. Please dispose of left over paint responsibly (paint should never be put down the drain).
Complete the look
Once dry Graphenstone Primer L42 primed surfaces can be finished with top coat of;
- EcoSphere - Indoor paint made with lime and graphene. Also has an anti-mould and anti-bacteria effect improving air quality.
- BioSphere - Outdoor paint made with lime and graphene. Also and has an anti-mould and anti-bacteria effect improving air quality.
- GrafClean - Indoor and outdoor paint suitable for areas that require constant cleaning (more like an acrylic paint
- AmbientPro+ Premium - Photocatalytic paint with graphene for interior and exterior use for areas high in air pollution.
Primer application for Interior Walls
See the Ambient Primer Technical Data Sheet for full details, however in brief:
- Ensure the substrate is dry, clean and sound.
- If the substrate has algae, mould or fungi (or other impurities) clean throughly with an appropriate product.
- Sand previously painted surfaces lightly to create a "key".
- Dilute with water (1:1).
- Mix well.
- Apply 1 coat evenly.
- Do not go back over drying areas.
You may also need Brushes or Rollers, Masking Tape and Paint Trays - see our Painting Accessories page.
Customers also viewed
£20.00 (inc VAT) £16.67 (ex VAT)
£20.23 (inc VAT) £16.86 (ex VAT)
£21.00 (inc VAT) £17.50 (ex VAT)
£11.95 (inc VAT) £9.96 (ex VAT)