Graphenstone - GCS Exterior Premium
Exterior Wall Paint with Graphene Technology
Graphenstone's GCS Exterior wall paint uses a combination of lime, silicate and natural minerals to create a beautiful matt paint. It can be applied to all surfaces common in construction including mortar, brick, concrete old paints etc. It can even be used on wood and metal when substrates are primed with Four2Four primer.
This very low VOC paint dries to an attractive ultra matt finish. It is the perfect partner for restoration, heritage and listed properties as it allows the building to breathe.
The combination of natural lime with graphene produces a very strong and hardwearing paint with all the benefits of a natural lime paint giving you superb air quality inside your home, maintaining the breathability, sustainability and health of the building.
Available in White and 43 stunning colours from the GCS colour card (shown above).
The selected pigments used in the colour range are chosen for their light fastness, stability and resistance to temperature.
Colours that appear on the colour card but aren't available in this product are as follows: Adonis, Alabaster, Alpine, Amchoor, Ardennes, Artic, Artichoke, Bengal, Bordeaux, Brunswick, Burmese, Burnt Umber, Cambridge, Carnelain, Celadon, Cerulean, Chalkhill Blue, Cinnabar, Cinnamon, Clotted Cream, Damask, Grape, Graphene, Iceberg, Indigo, Jaipur, Juniper, Kombu, Linwood, Lovat, Miso, Moleskin, Mulberry, Ocean, Old Lilac, Otter, Oxford, Parmesan, Periwinkle, Pewter, Prussian, Saddleback, Sandstone, Sea Foam, Sesame, Silver Birch, Suede, Truffle, Tuberose, Tuscan Red, Venezia and White Pepper.
Further to the above unavailable colours the following colours are unavailable in the 15 Litre size: Blue Steel, Ebony and Kombu.
- Exterior use
- High covering power
- Ultra Matt finish (3% sheen)
- Very Low VOC, < 1 g/l
- VOC emission: Class A+
- Very Breathable, SD value: Class 1
- Certified for moisture control
- Tough and long lasting
- Excellent Washability: Class 1
- Excellent flexibilty - non cracking formula
- High adherene to substrates
- Fire performance: Class 0 (British Standard)
- Cradle to Cradle Certified SILVER
- GreenRate Certified: Level A
Drying time: Quick drying 2-4 hours between coats, 24 hours until fully dry, 30 days until fully cured.
Approx coverage: 12-18m2 per Litre (supplied as a concentrate - dilute 10-15% with water before application).
Mineral substrates must be at least 28 days old before application. Substrates must also be resistant to high alkalinity. If in doubt apply to a test area first.
Do not apply to surfaces in constant contact with water.
Total curing occurs during the first 30 days. We recommend to avoid cleaning and/or rubbing the painted surface during that time.
For more detailed information, download the Graphenstone GCS Exterior Technical Data Sheet and GCS Exterior Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) - Pastel (opens in new tab). Contact us for the MSDS for the colour you are interested in.
Other documentation and certification:
(All pdfs open in a new tab).
- Cradle to Cradle SILVER - Certificate
- Global Green Tag LEVEL A - Certificate
- GreenTag Health PLATINUM - Certificate
- Sensitive Choice Approved - Certificate
- Environmental Product Declaration - verified and registered document that communicates transparent and comparable information about the life-cycle environmental impact of products. The International EPD® System is a global programme for environmental declarations based on ISO 14025 and EN 15804.
Rollers, brushes and spray guns should be cleaned with warm water after use.
Packaging and Waste Management
Graphenstone Paint pots are made of polypropylene (PP) - number 5 in the recycling triangle code - and are therefore 100% recyclable. The plastic polypropylene pots that Graphenstone use are made of 80% recycled content.
Please recycle or reuse empty pots according to your local waste and recycling scheme. If you have left over paint please consider these ideas for using up or donating left-over paint. Please dispose of left over paint responsibly (paint should never be put down the drain).
GCS Exterior is available in White and 43 stunning colours: Argento (L), Ashen, Blue Steel, Blush, Briar Rose (L), Burnt Umber, Cassium (L), Chateaux, Chiﬀon (L), Dijon, Duck Egg, Ebony, Glacier (L), Gossamer, Grey Goose, Highland, Ivory (L), Latte, Mink, Mist, Nakajima, Old Bone, Olive, Pale Walnut, Pearl Barley (L), Pebble (L), Pigeon, Plover, Porcelaine (L), Porpoise, Powder Blue, Provencal (L), Sienna, Silver Birch, Silver Moss, Soft Smoke, Stone, Straw (L), Vintage, Wardour Blue, Wheat Berry, Wheaten (L), Whisper, White Linen (L), White Sage, White tea.
Also available in 322 colours from the NCS colour system (contact us for details).
Why do pots have Transparent, Medium or Pastel on them?
That simply refers to the base paint type that the pigments are added into to create the colour.
Complete the look
- BioSphere - Matt ioutoor paint made with lime and graphene. Also absorbs CO2 and has an anti-mould and anti-bacteria effect improving air quality.
- GrafClean - Interior /exterior wall paint suitable for areas that require constant cleaning (more like an acrylic paint) - available in all 98 colours.
How to prep walls for painting
See the Graphenstone GCS Exterior Technical Data Sheet for full details, however in brief:
For all surfaces
- Ensure the substrate is dry, sound and clean.
- If the substrate has salt deposits, brush and apply Graphenstone Neutralysal Premium
- If the substrate contains a high moisture level, apply Graphenstone StopWater Premium
For previously painted walls
- When applying over glossy paint, sand the surface lightly to create a "key".
- Remove flaking and unstable paint. Create a uniform surface with Graphenstone Filler Primer
For unpainted surfaces
You can prime walls with:
- Graphenstone GCS Exterior Primer - for absorbent external surfaces ie cement blocks, bricks, plaster etc.
- Graphenstone Minerseal Premium - for very absorbent surfaces ie clay, adobe, rammed earth etc and for consolidating dusty mineral surfaces.
- Graphenstone Four2Four Premium - for wood, metal or non porous surfaces such as ceramic tiles.
How to prepare Graphenstone GCS Interior paint
- Stir and dilute with water to 10-15% of the product weight (150-200 ml of water per liter of product approx.), ensure a homogeneous mixture. Avoid excessive shaking to minimize bubbles.
- Apply 2 or 3 coats evenly by roller, brush or airless spray gun.
- Note: an excess of product by layers can generate micro-cracks.
You may also need Brushes or Rollers, Masking Tape and Paint Trays - see our Painting Accessories page.
Customers also viewed
£35.00 (inc VAT) £29.17 (ex VAT)
£14.38 (inc VAT) £11.98 (ex VAT)
£20.94 (inc VAT) £17.45 (ex VAT)
£17.58 (inc VAT) £14.65 (ex VAT)