Graphenstone - GrafClean Mid Sheen
Washable Wall and Wood Paint (Interior and Exterior)
Graphenstone's GrafClean mineral paint uses a revolutionary natural vegetable resin and graphene technology to create an outstanding modern mineral paint that can be used both inside and outside. It can be applied to most surfaces including, plaster, gypsum, old paints, unpainted wallpaper, brick, wood, tiles and metal.
This very low VOC paint dries to an attractive mid sheen (satin) finish. Ideal for woodwork and metal.
Grafclean performs more like an acrylic paint. It is a washable wall paint making it perfect for use in modern buildings, contemporary interiors, kitchens, bathrooms, hallways and other "high traffic" areas. It is recommended too for application in construction, specifically concrete as it is certified for moisture control in concrete surface protection systems (EN 1504-2).
With an exceptionally high solid content (up to 70%) it offers fantastic coverage.
Available in White and 96 stunning colours. The selected pigments used in the colour range are chosen for their light fastness, stability and resistance to temperature and weather. However colours suffixed with an (E) are less suited to exterior applications and should be avoided for that application.
Colour Cards & Samples
As with all paints we strongly advise the purchase of sample pots where available, we also offer colour cards free of charge to help you narrow down the colour for you - Order a Colour Card.
Sample pots are only available for the Grafclean Interior. There might be very minor discrepancies in colour between product ranges due to differing bases and pigments used.
- Interior and exterior use
- High covering power
- Mid sheen finish (10% sheen)
- Very Low VOC, < 1 g/l
- VOC emission: Class A+
- APEO free
- Very Breathable, SD value: Class 1
- Certified for moisture control
- Tough and long lasting
- Formaldehyde free (eliminates formaldehydes)
- Excellent Washability: Class 1
- Excellent flexibilty - non cracking formula
- High adherene to substrates
- Fire performance: Class 0 (British Standard)
Drying time: Quick drying 2-4 hours between coats, 24 hours until fully dry, 30 days until fully cured.
Approx coverage: 10-16m2 per Litre (supplied as a concentrate - dilute 10-15% with water before application).
Mineral substrates must be at least 28 days old before application. Substrates must also be resistant to high alkalinity. If in doubt apply to a test area first.
Do not apply to surfaces in constant contact with water.
Total curing occurs during the first 30 days. We recommend to avoid cleaning and/or rubbing the painted surface during that time.
For more detailed information, download the Graphenstone GrafClean Mid Sheen (White) Technical Data Sheet and GrafClean Mid Sheen (White) Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), opens in new tab.
Other documentation and certification:
(All pdfs open in a new tab).
- Declaration of Performance - EN 1504-2 (EC Certificate No. 1170 / CPR / ER.0311) - GrafClean Premium products according to the standard EN 1504-2 for use in humidity control for the surface protection of concrete.
- Fire Safety to The Building Regulation 2000 - Class 0 (Report No 392941/ -44001 under BS 476:Part 6:1989+A1: 2009 and BS 476:Part 7: 1997)
- VOC Class A+ (White) - Certificate
- VOC Class A+ (Colours) - Test Report
Rollers, brushes and spray guns should be cleaned with warm water after use.
Packaging and Waste Management
Graphenstone Paint pots are made of polypropylene (PP) - number 5 in the recycling triangle code - and are therefore 100% recyclable. The plastic polypropylene pots that Graphenstone use are made of 80% recycled content.
Please recycle or reuse empty pots according to your local waste and recycling scheme. If you have left over paint please consider these ideas for using up or donating left-over paint. Please dispose of left over paint responsibly (paint should never be put down the drain).
GrafClean Mid Sheen is available in White and 96 stunning colours: Adonis, Alabaster, Alpine (E), Amchoor (E), Ardennes (E), Argento (L), Artic (E), Artichoke (E), Ashen, Bengal (E), Blue Steel, Blush, Bordeaux (E), Briar Rose (L), Brunswick (E), Burmese (E), Burnt Umber, Cambridge (E), Carnelain (E), Cassium (L), Celadon (E), Cerulean (E), Chalk Hill Blue (E), Chateaux, Chiﬀon (L), Cinnabar (E), Cinnamon (E), Clotted Cream (L), Damask (E), Dijon, Duck Egg, Ebony, Glacier (L), Gossamer, Grape (E), Graphene (E), Grey Goose, Highland, Iceberg (E), Indigo, Ivory (L), Jaipur (E), Juniper (E), Kombu (E), Latte, Linwood, Lovat, Mink, Miso (E), Mist, Moleskin, Mulberry (E), Nakajima, Ocean (E), Old Bone, Old Lilac (E), Olive, Otter (E), Oxford (E), Pale Walnut, Parmesan (E), Pearl Barley (L), Pebble (L), Periwinkle (E), Pewter (E), Pigeon, Plover, Porcelaine (L), Porpoise, Powder Blue, Provencal (L), Prussian (E), Saddleback (E), Sandstone, Sea Foam (E), Sesame, Sienna, Silver Birch, Silver Moss, Soft Smoke, Stone, Straw (L), Suede (E), Truﬄe (E), Tuberose (E), Tuscan Red (E), Venezia, Vintage, Wardour Blue, Wheat Berry, Wheaten (L), Whisper, White Linen (L), White Pepper, White Sage, White tea.
(E) These colours are less suited to exterior applications.
(L) These colours are also available in the Graphenstone pure lime bases Ecosphere (Interior) and Biosphere (Exterior).
Complete the look
- EcoSphere - Matt indoor paint made with lime and graphene. Also has an anti-mould and anti-bacteria effect improving air quality.
- GrafClean - Ultra Matt (3% sheen) version of this paint. Perfect for walls and ceilings.
How to prep walls for painting
See the GrafClean Mid Sheen (White) Technical Data Sheet for full details, however in brief:
For all surfaces
- Ensure the substrate is dry, sound and clean.
- If the substrate has salt deposits, brush and apply Graphenstone Neutralysal Premium
- If the substrate contains a high moisture level, apply Graphenstone StopWater Premium
For previously painted walls
- When applying over glossy paint, sand the surface lightly to create a "key".
- Remove flaking and unstable paint. Create a uniform surface with Graphenstone Filler Primer
For unpainted surfaces
You can prime walls with:
- Graphenstone Nevada Ultra - economical breathable primer.
- Graphenstone Ambient Primer L42 - primer for interior walls and ceilings.
- Graphenstone Minerseal Premium - for very absorbent surfaces ie clay, adobe, rammed earth etc and for consolidating dusty mineral surfaces.
- Graphenstone Four2Four Premium - for wood, metal or non porous surfaces such as ceramic tiles.
How to prepare Graphenstone GrafClean Mid Sheen paint
- Stir and dilute with water to 10-15% of the product weight (150-200 ml of water per litre of product approx.), ensure a homogeneous mixture. Avoid excessive shaking to minimize bubbles.
- Apply 2 or 3 coats evenly by roller, brush or airless spray gun.
- Note: an excess of product by layers can generate micro-cracks.
You may also need Brushes or Rollers, Masking Tape and Paint Trays - see our Painting Accessories page.
Customers also viewed
£19.16 (inc VAT) £15.97 (ex VAT)
£20.23 (inc VAT) £16.86 (ex VAT)
£35.00 (inc VAT) £29.17 (ex VAT)
£17.86 (inc VAT) £14.88 (ex VAT)