- Auro 267 Natural Floor Varnish
Water Based Floor Varnish
Auro 267 Natural Floor Varnish is a natural, non toxic alternative to conventional floor varnishes. This water based floor varnish is specially formulated to minimise VOC emissions without compromising on performance. It provides a beautiful, hardwearing finish with none of the harsh smells of conventional varnishes.
This non toxic floor varnish is suitable for all domestic interior wooden floors, including hardwood floors, with normal constant use. It is anti-static, slip resistant and abrasion resistant.
The varnish dries clear, although has a milky appearance when applied. We recommend that you use Auro 127 Natural Wood Primer or Auro 117 Special Woods Primer (depending on the wood type) as this varnish needs a primer for correct finish. When any kind of varnish is applied to wood it can affect the final colour due to absorbtion and other factors and using a varnish will help mitigate this.
Auro 267 floor varnish is best applied by short haired varnish roller and with a brush for the floor corners and edges.
- Manufactured from natural minerals and materials. Auro Raw Material Guide (opens in new tab)
- Suitable for interior wooden floor with normal domestic use and occasional use on objects
- Hard-wearing finish
- Low odour
- Solvent free
- Very low VOC content, <10g/Litre
- Certified as safe for toys (DIN EN 71 Part 3)
- Saliva and Sweat proof (DIN 53160)
- Slip-resistant in accordance with DIN 51131
- Abrasion-resistant in accordance with ENV 13696, utilisation category 1-2 according to ihd, suitable for constant normal domestic use
- Transparent moderate gloss finish
- Water thinnable
- Brush or Roller application
- Coverage of approximately 17 sqm per litre (at least 2 thin coats generally required)
- Linseed oil*
- Colophony glycerol ester with organic acids*
- Mineral fillers
- Surfactants made of rapeseed and castor oil
- Drying agents (cobalt-free)
- Castor oil*
- Sunflower oil*
- Silicic acid
- Fatty acids
*as ammonium soap
Drying time: Dust dry after approx 10 hours. Recoatable after approx 48 hours. Final hardness achieved after approx 4 weeks.
Approx coverage: 0.75 Litre = 13m², 2.5 Litre = 42m²,
Natural products are neither odourless nor emission-free. The use of organic, natural and plant based ingredients means that allergy and asthma sufferers and people who are chemically sensitive are much more able to tolerate Auro products, however they may cause allergic reactions in some. If you wish to know about what raw ingredients Auro use in their products please visit our Auro Raw Materials Guide.
- Brush out excess after use then wash out with Auro 411 Natural Brush Cleaner.
You may also need Brushes or Rollers, Masking Tape and Paint Trays - see our Painting Accessories page.
See the 267 Technical Datasheet for full details, however in brief:
- Make sure the substrate surface is clean and sound.
- Prime wood with one coat of Auro Primer. Either Auro 127 Natural Wood Primer or Auro 117 Special Woods Primer
- Sand in between coats min 120 grit size. Remove dust.
- Apply 1 to 3 coats (minimum 2) of Auro 267.
- Sand in between coats min 150 grit size. Remove dust.
- After applying all coats, keep dry for at least 2 weeks.
- If applied well the floor varnish can last up to 5 years or more before renewing.
Maintenance and Care
- Use a soft brush or vacuum cleaner (with the appropriate attachments for wooden floors) or brush to pick up loose dirt.
- Wipe floor wipe with a damp cloth, do not overly wet. Add Auro 427 Wood Floor Renovator diluted depending on cleaning power required.
- Do not use any caustic substances (e.g. ammonium chloride solutions, soapy water), solvents or very caustic, abrasive cleaning agents or microfibre cloths.