Auro 127 Hard Primer - Natural Wood Primer
Water Based Wood Primer
Auro 127 is a solvent free wood primer and undercoat. It is low VOC, biocide free and made from natural materials and minerals. It is certified toy safe and is non toxic. Perfect for use throughout the home including wooden furniture in nurserys and for priming wooden toys.
It is suitable for interior wood and wood products that are not rich in active substances like for example Maple, Birch, Beech, Alder, Spruce, Pine, Black Locust (Robinia), Sipo (Utile), Fir and Elm.
If you are looking for a natural wood primer for tropical, hardwoods and woods rich in active substances like Ash, Bangkirai, Red Cedar, Oregon Pine, Hemlock, Larch, Meranti (Dark Red), Merbau, Niangon, Pitch Pine, Teak we recommend Auro 117 Special Primer.
- Manufactured from natural minerals and materials. Auro Raw Material Guide (opens in new tab)
- Suitable for application on interior wood free from active substances (see above) and some wood based materials
- Low VOC content, < 10g/Litre
- Biocide free
- Water thinnable
- Tested according to DIN EN 71, part3, "Safe for toys"
- Transparent when dry with only a slight "firing" effect
- Can be applied by synthetic or mixed fibre brush, fine pored foam roller or short-pile paint roller
- Recoatable after 24 hours approx
- Mineral fillers
- Linseed oil*
- Colophony glycerol ester with organic acids*
- Surfactants made of rapeseed and castor oil
- Drying agents (cobalt-free)
- Castor oil*
- Sunflower oil*
- Fatty acids
*as amino soap
Drying time: Recoatable after 24 hours. Full hardness after approx 3 days.
Approx coverage: 0.75 Litre = 11m², 2.5 Litre = 36m²
Natural products are neither odourless nor emission-free. The use of organic, natural and plant based ingredients means that allergy and asthma sufferers and people who are chemically sensitive are much more able to tolerate Auro products, however they may cause allergic reactions in some. If you wish to know about what raw ingredients Auro use in their products please visit our Auro Raw Materials Guide.
- Immediatly after use brush out the remaining paint. Then wash with warm water and Auro 411 Natural Brush Cleaner
- To remove stubborn dried out residual paint, soak the tools for some time in a 5% Aur 411 Natural Brush Cleaner solution and if needed with Auro 191 Natural Thinner
- Rinse thoroughly with water.
You may also need Brushes or Rollers, Masking Tape and Paint Trays - see our Painting Accessories page.
Complete the Project
Auro 127 is overcoatable with the following Auro Eco Wood Paints:
- Auro 160 Natural Woodstain
- Auro 250 Natural Modern Gloss Paint
- Auro 260 Natural Modern Oil Eggshell Paint
- Auro 267 Floor Varnish Clear