Auro 524 White Premium Washable Emulsion
Washable Wall Paint - White
Auro 524 Plantodecor is a natural and non toxic washable emulsion paint for walls and ceilings with great covering power. Ideal for high traffic areas, kitchens and bathrooms, and commercial projects.
The Auro 524 is their most recent washable white emulsion recipe and replaces the Auro 324. The 524 is a superior product; it dries quicker, is more durable and covers better. It has a brand new natural plant based binder - Replebin® - holding pigment and paint together better than ever.
This Auro Plantodecor natural washable emulsion paint is a premium product and a big step up from the older standard eco emulsion Auro 321. Auro 524 has an Abrasion class of 1 while Auro 321 has an Abrasion class of 3 (the lower the number the more "scrubbable" the cured paint is).
Auro 524 is a vegan paint that is natural and completely cruelty free. It contains extra natural oils, making this paint resistant to wet washing and scrubbing.
Thanks to Auro's ecological choice of raw materials and compliance with the strict AgBB criteria on emissions (a German evaluation scheme for VOC emission from construction products), this product is a special recommendation for use in living areas.
This Professional Emulsion gives the highest white opacity in the Auro range, you will not be disappointed with the finish. This paint is for interior use only and should be applied using a roller or a brush. The Auro Washable Emulsion paint is the best white washable wall paint available, it is also natural, breathable and provides excellent coverage.
Auro 524 is suited for all indoor surfaces, it adheres to old and new plaster including lime plaster, dry lining boards, previously painted surfaces even on latex (vinyl) paints and other "difficult" substrates.
Auro washable wall paint has excellent coverage and hiding power. It is really easy to use as it has a very low tendancy to drip or spatter.
If you need a washable emulsion in colours, go to Auro 555 Washable Emulsion (colours are no longer available in Auro 524).
- Very Low VOC, < 1 g/l
- Very Breathable, SD value: < 0.05 m
- Great on lime
- Covers ALL the usual surfaces that just about ANY ordinary emulsion goes over
- Suitable for covering old vinyl paints and new plaster
- Odourless (the tiny odour disappears as soon as it's painted)
- Vegan paint
- Natural & Non Toxic paint
- Cruelty Free paint
- Whiter than ever & Non Yellowing
- Matt finish,
- Washable & Flexible
- Abrasion Class 1 (abrasion resistant acc.To DIN EN53778)
- Excellent obliteration (one coat is usually sufficient)
- Brush, Roller or spray on
- Coverage approximately 8-10m² per litre
Drying time: Quick drying 4-6 hours between coats, 48 hours to fully cured
Approx coverage: 2.5 Litre = 22.5m², 5 Litre = 45m², 10 Litre = 90m²
- Mineral fillers
- Titanium dioxide
- Surfactants made of Rapeseed and Caster oil
- Ammonia thiazoles
- Low level of synthetic preservatives (BIT & MIT)
* Replebin is an innovative, biogenic binder. It has been developed by Auro throughout a long term and complex research process. Replebin consists of plant alcohol esters with organic acides. This modern binder is legally protected and only available at Auro.
Natural products are neither odourless nor emission-free. The use of natural and plant based ingredients means that allergy and asthma sufferers and people who are chemically sensitive are much more able to tolerate Auro products, however they may cause allergic reactions in some. If you wish to know about what raw ingredients Auro use in their products please visit our Auro Raw Materials Guide.
For more detailed information download the 524 Technical Datasheet and 524 Safety Datasheet.
In some in German. All open in a new tab.
- Opacity class 1
- Water vapour permeability
- AgBB Certificate on emissions (a German evaluation scheme for VOC emission from construction products)
- Abrasion resistance
Complete the look
For Wood and Trim we recommend (within the Auro Range), Auro 935 Linseed Oil Based Gloss Paint (White).
How to prep walls for painting
See the 524 Technical Datasheet for full details, however in brief:
For previously painted walls
- Remove flaking and unstable paint. Fill any cracks with Auro 329 Natural Wall Filler.
- Wash down and clean the wall with Auro 435 Natural Sugar Soap.
- For surfaces that paint doesn't stick to easily and in situations where stains are coming through the walls, you might want to consider a using a Stain Block - either Auro 505 Fine Stain Block or Auro 506 Textured Stain Block.
For newly plastered walls
You can prime walls with:
- a "Mist" coat of this paint (Auro 524 diluted with a maximum of 20% water), or
- on highly or irregularly absorptive substrates we recommend priming with AURO 301 Natural Plaster Primer.
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed
£51.00 (inc VAT) £42.50 (ex VAT)
£25.99 (inc VAT) £21.66 (ex VAT)
£34.00 (inc VAT) £28.33 (ex VAT)
£17.50 (inc VAT) £14.58 (ex VAT)