Auro 505 Fine Stain Block
Grip Coat Primer (Fine)
Auro 505 Granulated Grip Coat is a problem solving primer for difficult surfaces. This preservative-free, granulated primer provides better adhesion for follow-up coatings on interior and exterior surfaces including mineral substrates, plaster, clay, concrete, brickwork, plasterboard, woodchip, vinyl wallpaper, and glass fibre fabrics. Can also be used on some interior latex (acrylic) paints or lacquer finishes after a positive compatibility test.
An excellent universal plasterer's grip coat paint with fine sized granules (0.05mm). If you prefer a more textured appearance please consider Auro 506 Granulated Stain Block.
This odour-free and low VOC primer can be applied with a brush or roller and then re-coated with all Auro wall paints and plasters.
On interior surfaces, one primer coat is sufficient. Prime exterior surfaces twice and then overcoat with Auro 344 High-grade lime paint.
Auro 505 grip coat is also suitable for priming surfaces before applying lime plasters such as Adaptavate Breathaplasta.
- Universal primer
- For all substrates
- Provides excellent adhesion
- Water based
- Very low VOC content, < 1g/Litre
- Solvent Free
- Breathable: SD value < 0.1 m
- Grain size, Fine: 0.05mm
- Colour: White
- Brush or Roller application
- Coverage of approximately 10-12m² per litre
Drying time: Quick drying 4-6 hours between coats, 48 hours to fully cured
Approx coverage: 5 Litre = 60m² 10 Litre = 120m² per coat
- Mineral fillers
- Titanium dioxide
- Potassium silicate
- Surfactants made of rapeseed and caster oil
*Replebin is an innovative, biogenic binder. It has been developed by Auro throughout a long term and complex research process. Replebin consists of plant alcohol esters with organic acides. This modern binder is legally protected and only available at Auro.
Natural products are neither odourless nor emission-free. The use of organic, natural and plant based ingredients means that allergy and asthma sufferers and people who are chemically sensitive are much more able to tolerate Auro products, however they may cause allergic reactions in some. If you wish to know about what raw ingredients Auro use in their products please visit our Auro Raw Materials Guide.
In some in German. All open in a new tab.
- Suitable for Allergy Sufferers Certification (detailed in the document Annex)
- VOC Certification
- Replebin Plant Based Origin Certification
See the 505 Technical Data Sheet for full details, however in brief:
For previously treated walls
- Remove, brush off, repair brittle surface parts.
- Remove chalky, crumbling substances by brushing and solidify with Auro 301 Natural Plaster Primer, if necessary.
- Remove sintered skin by sanding down, parting agents by washing.
- Glue loose wallpaper seams, remove adhesive residues.
- Remove badly adhering, non-adhesive, non-wettable or otherwise unsuitable old coatings entirely.
Applying the Grip Paint
- Test adhesion to the surface if necessary (imperative on bleeding substrates like fibreboards).
- Apply the Auro grip coat by brush or roller. Once (interior) or twice (exterior). Strongly absorptive substrates should be treated twice in any case.
- Allow 4-6 hours between coats.
- Allow 48 hours before applying the finishing coat(s).
You may also need Brushes or Rollers, Masking Tape and Paint Trays - see our Painting Accessories page.