Adaptavate - Breathaplasta
A new innovation in plaster finishes. Breathaplasta from the award winning Adaptavate, is a high performance environmentally friendly alternative to cement and gypsum plasters. Mixed with water and applied using conventional methods, this bio-composite product also helps to regulate moisture and improve insulation.
The key benefit of Breathaplasta is its ease of use and quick setting formulation, making it an ideal companion product to wood wool and wood fibre boards which can be lime plastered in just one day. In addition, Breathaplasta’s insulating properties further enhance the high thermal performance of such boards for a healthier and better insulated finish.
- For internal use.
- Suitable for most substrates including conventional plasterboard, woodwool board, stone, brick and block walls
- Delivers a healthier and more energy efficient environment.
- High alkalinity level reduces mould problems
- A like for like material that is easy to specify
- Vapour Permeable (breathable) material, compatible with heritage buildings
- Easy to use, same application and timings as conventional plasters.
- Twice the thermal performance of regular plaster
- CE Mark certification - See Technical Data Sheet for details
A sample trial should be carried out prior to application to ensure substrate is compatible.
Always wear the necessary personal protection equipment when mixing and applying Breathaplasta.
Only apply in temperatures above 4°C and below 28°C
- Add 1 bag of Breathaplasta to approx. 11 litres of clean water and mix for 60 seconds.
- Ensure all dry powder is thoroughly mixed in.
- Final mix should be creamy in texture with no lumps. Mix can be applied immediately.
- Apply an even base coat of Breathaplasta using standard plastering tools and techniques. Do not smooth plaster at this stage.
- Mesh - if required, apply mesh at this stage by flattening into the base coat. Note: mesh
- not normally required for plasterboard and non-board surfaces.
- Leave the base coat to set and firm for a minimum of 45 minutes.
- For boards Evenly apply a second coat. This is the finishing coat. Trowel plaster to a flat and smooth finish.
- For other surfaces For multiple coat applications, a total thickness of up to 50mm can be achieved.
- Additional coats can be applied at a maximum of 10mm thickness per coat. For best results, leave 24 hours between each coat to let plaster set and allow moisture to escape.
- Evenly apply finishing coat. Trowel plaster to a flat and smooth finish.
- Leave the finishing coat to set and firm, but not fully harden. This will be approx. 45 mins.
- To finish Breathaplasta, glide a clean trowel over the surface of the top coat to flatten and smooth to desired finish.
Minimum Number of coats: 2
Minimum thickness: 4mm (2 x 2mm coats)
Maximum thickness: 50mm (in coats of 10mm)
The surface will usually take 2-3 days to be touch dry.
Decorating can take place after 10-14 days dependent on drying conditions.
Density: 1200 kg/m2
Thermal Conductivity (λ) : 0.23 W/m.K
Thermal Resistance (R) : 0.05 m2 .K/W (at 10mm thickness)
Water Vapour Resistance : 5 (Dimensionless) Factor (µ)
Coverage per 20 kg bag: 5m2 at a thickness of 4mm
Setting time per coat : 1 hour
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed
£7.20 (inc VAT) £6.00 (ex VAT)
£35.00 (inc VAT) £29.17 (ex VAT)
£24.00 (inc VAT) £20.00 (ex VAT)
£14.50 (inc VAT) £12.08 (ex VAT)