Auro 117 Natural Hardwood Primer
Internal and External Wood Primer for Oak, OSB and Hardwoods
Auro 117 is a solvent based wood primer and undercoat for internal and external tropical, hardwoods, osb and wooden garden furniture. It is biocide free and made from natural materials and minerals. Perfect for use throughout the home and garden.
Auro Special Woods Primer forms a slight film over the wood surface to reduce the likelyhood of bleeding and discolouration of subsequent coatings from active substances within the wood like tannins, glues, natural oils and dark pigments.
It is suitable for tropical, hardwoods and woods rich in active substances like Ash, Bangkirai, Red Cedar, Oregon Pine, Hemlock, Chestnut, Larch, Bamboo, Meranti (Dark Red), Merbau, Niangon, Pitch Pine, Framiré, Almendrillo (Cumaru), Jatoba (Paquio) and Teak.
Also suitable for OSB, MDF and Cork.
Certified as Toy Safe.
If you are looking for a natural wood primer interior wood and wood products that are not rich in active substances like for example Maple, Birch, Beech, Alder, Spruce, Pine, Black Locust (Robinia), Sipo (Utile), Fir and Elm we recommend Auro 127 Hard Primer.
- Manufactured from natural minerals and materials. Auro Raw Material Guide (opens in new tab)
- Suitable for application on interior wood rich in active substances (see above) and some wood based materials
- Internal and External use
- Prevents drying delays caused by tanning substances in the wood
- Prevents breakthrough of discolouring ingredients in subsequent coatings
- Prevents efflorescence on salt and pressure impregnated wood
- Certified as safe for toys (DIN EN 71 Part 3)
- Saliva and Sweat proof (DIN 53160)
- Biocide free
- Can be thinned with a maximum 20% of Auro 191 Natural Thinner
- Transparent when dry with honey coloured highlighting effect bringing out the natural grain
- Can be applied by brush, roller or spray
- Recoatable after 24 hours approx
Drying time: Dust dry after approx 8 hours. Recoatable after 24 hours. Full hardness after approx 3 days.
Approx coverage: 0.375 Litre = 5m² , 0.75 Litre = 9m², 2.5 Litre = 31m²
- Orange terpenes
- Linseed oil
- Colophony glycerol ester with organic acids
- Swelling clays
- Drying agents (cobalt-free)
- Sunflower oil
- Castor oil
- Hydrogenated castor oil
This solvent based primer has a VOC level of approximately 600g/l which is less than the EU allowable limit for this type of product (750g/l).
Natural products are neither odourless nor emission-free. The use of organic, natural and plant based ingredients means that allergy and asthma sufferers and people who are chemically sensitive are much more able to tolerate Auro products, however they may cause allergic reactions in some. If you wish to know about what raw ingredients Auro use in their products please visit our Auro Raw Materials Guide.
- Immediatley after use brush out the remaining paint.
- Clean with Auro 191 Natural Thinner
You may also need Brushes or Rollers, Masking Tape and Paint Trays - see our Painting Accessories page.
Complete the Project
Auro 117 is overcoatable with the following Auro Eco Wood Paints: