Treatex - Hardwax Oil ULTRA Clear
Treatex Hardwax Oil Ultra is the next generation Hardwax Oil, designed to enhance and protect the natural beauty of all your interior timber surfaces. The end result is a hard wearing, attractive finish in any situation including, floors, doors and kitchen worktops that is easy to maintain with our maintenance products and is spot repairable if the surface is damaged.
Treatex products are manufactured on a base of sustainable raw materials including; linseed oil, sunflower oil, jojoba oil, beeswax, carnauba wax and candelilla wax.
Available Sizes: 1 Litre, 2.5 Litres, 10 Litres (Gloss only comes in 1 and 2.5 Litres)
Key Features of Treatex Hardwax Oil ULTRA for Wood
- Comes in Flat Matt, Matt, Satin or Gloss sheen levels
- Has a warming effect on lighter coloured timbers
- No sanding required between coats
- Withstands high temperatures
- Very durable
- Easy to maintain with Treatex Wax Polish
- Spot repairable
- Slip resistance test BS 7976-2PTV. Suitable for domestic, commercial and wet areas.
- Complies with regulation DIN 68861-1B: Resistance to spills of water, wine, beer, coffee, tea, fizzy drinks etc
- 1L will cover approximately 20m² in one coat / 12m² in two coats depending on the timber and method of application.
- 2.5L will cover approximately 50m² in one coat / 30m² in two coats depending on the timber and method of application.
- 10L will cover approximately 200m² in one coat / 120m² in two coats depending in the timber and method of application.
- 1L will cover approximately 3 doors in two coats depending on the timber and method of application.
Drying time: approx. 3-6 hours dependent on climatic conditions, drying times can be decreased by increasing temperature introducing air flow to the applied area.
Preparation: Make sure the surface to be treated is thoroughly dry. We strongly recommend a small trial application prior to starting a project.
Application: Suitable for Floors, doors, stairs, worktops, wood-turning, skirting, furniture, instruments etc. Dense/oily timbers may require an addition of Treatex Thinner. Has a warming effect on some timbers.
Clear Hardwax Oil should be used as a protective coat when Natural Hardwax Oil or Colour Tones have been applied*
Compatible with: Treatex Colour Tones / Hardener / Thinner / Natural Hardwax Oil / Wax Polish / Floor Care / Preparation Cleaner / R12 Anti-Slip additive.
Insider Tips: If Treatex Hardwax Oil is applied too thickly, drying time will be increased. To speed up drying time raise the room temperature and increase air flow by opening doors and windows, or using a fan.
Apply with a good quality brush or with a high quality microfibre roller.
Tightly wrap a plastic bag around wet rollers and brushes to stop them drying out between coats. NOTE: If you have added hardener, rollers and brushes will go hard even if they are wrapped in a plastic bag. Wet brushes and rollers can be cleaned using Treatex hardwax thinner.
Safety Data Sheets:
Please note, images are for guidance only. Different computer screens and printers can greatly influence the perceived colour.
Samples are available and we recommend testing before final application.
Hardwax Oil is made from sustainable ingredients including plant oils. VOC levels are within emissions regulations for oil based products at 59.3%.