Thermafleece - SupaSoft Polyester Insulation
SupaSoft recycled plastic insulation is manufactured from 95% recycled PET (recycled plastic bottles), the same fibres used in many duvets, jackets, etc. It's a totally safe to handle low energy alternative to Rockwool and fibreglass.
SupaSoft provides excellent thermal insulation performance, supplied in rolls of up to 100mm that fit securely between rafters, joists and studs.
Easily handled, cut into correct dimensions and itch-free. Resistant to vermin and insects and does not support mould growth, Supasoft is long-lasting, safe to handle and can be easily recycled at the end of its life.
- Composition 100% Polyester (more than 95% recycled)
- Made in the UK
- Widths available (mm): 390, 590
- Thicknesses available (mm): 50 & 100
- Thermal conductivity: 0.040 W/mK
- Water Absorption (@100% RH): 0% w/w
- Specific Heat Capacity: 1000 Jkg-1K-1
- Vapour Resistivity: 5 MN·s·g–1m–1
- Ignition Point: >500oC
- Flammability to BS 5803-4: Pass
- Smoulder resistance to BS 5803-4: Pass
- Recoverability and thickness, EN 823: Pass
- Dimensional stability to EN 1604: Pass
- Can be used to achieve airborne sound reduction of R w = 40dB
- GWP (Cradle to Gate): <5 kgCO2e
- Density 13kg/m3
Supasoft Insulation Documentation (links open in new tab)
- SupaSoft Recycled Plastic Insulation FAQs
- 5 reasons to choose SupaSoft Recycled Plastic Insulation (blog post)
- Insulating a Campervan FAQs (blog post)
Please note: Prices are per roll. thickness, width & length displayed in millimetres.
Packaging and Waste Management
SupaSoft insulation is packaged in plastic wrap made of Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) - number 4 in the recycling triangle code. This plastic wrap is 100% recyclable and can be recycled along with plastic bags.
EPD's are a way of determining and publishing the environmental impact of products and cover a range of aspects including embodied carbon, measured as the Global Warming Potential (GWP) of the product. The data on the Thermafleece Cosywool, Ultrawool and SupaSoft insulation EPD's is published for the thickness required to achieve an R value of 1 enabling easy comparison with other products.
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed
£35.00 (inc VAT) £29.17 (ex VAT)
£172.50 (inc VAT) £143.75 (ex VAT)
£72.00 (inc VAT) £60.00 (ex VAT)
£34.00 (inc VAT) £28.33 (ex VAT)