Leaf Separator Filter
Stop leaves blocking drain with this downpipe leaf filter
The Leaf Separator, does what it says on the tin, simply and efficiently separates and then ejects leaves from the water passing down the downpipe. No more cleaning blocked downpipes!
The Leaf Separator discharges leaves from the front while allowing rainwater to pass into the downpipe as usual. This Scandinavian designed product is particularly recommended for houses which experience heavy leaf fall. It can be a real cost-saver especially where rainwater is discharged into undergound drainage systems or to a soakaway, which would otherwise block over time and need costly refurbishment.
This leaf guard can be installed at any suitable height to allow for the discharged leaves, moss and twigs. So no more standing on ladders to reach the gutter to unblock the downpipe.
This is not a formal filter for rainwater harvesting systems, however, it is intended to protect downstream pipework, ponds, or soakaways from blocking up with leaves etc, or can be used as a simple pre-filter. If a fine filter is required instead, or in conjunction, then do have a look at the superb 3P Filter Collector with Universal Link Kit or the 3P Rainus Filter.
With adaptors (included) this leaf guard fits square downpipes (65mm), and 68mm, 80mm, 90mm and 100mm round downpipes. Available in two colours (grey and brown) to suit your guttering. For square downpipes the unit fits into the downpipe, there will be gaps around the downpipe corners, but the water flows perfectly well into the downpipe.
The pipework above should not be supported by the Leaf Separator.
- Screens out larger debris such as leaves, moss and twigs.
- For roof areas up to 80 m² with heavy leaf-loading. For lighter leaf load you might prefer the 3P Leaf Catcher Filter.
- Comes in brown or grey (not currently available in black or white).
- Made from ultra-durable, high quality, impact resistant and UV stabilised polyethelene.
- Comes with UK adaptors to fit 65mm square or 68mm, 80mm, 90mm and 100mm round downpipes.
- Requires only minimal maintenance.
Guides and ideas
A bit undecided about what options are available to you?