Leaf Catcher Filter
The Leaf Catcher from 3P Technik is excellent at separating out leaves, twigs and moss clumps from the rainwater going to the downpipe. It collects the debris in a small basket. It helps stop leaves blocking drains and prevent gulleys from being blocked too.
Leaf Catcher is intended as an alternative to "balloon guards" or "hedgehog guards" at gutter level, but because the Leaf Catcher is installed at any point on the downpipe, it saves on awkward high level maintenance, or unblocking things at ground level.
It can be installed at any height but at a convenient height to suit the owner/operator without the need to use a ladder or steps. The downpipe simply hangs into the Catcher basket, clipping onto the basket's pre-cut positions.
This Leaf Guard fits square downpipes (65mm), and 68mm, 80mm, 90mm and 100mm round downpipes. Available in three colours (black, grey or brown) to suit your guttering. For square downpipes the unit fits into the downpipe, there will be gaps around the downpipe corners, but the water flows perfectly well into the downpipe.
This is not a formal filter for rainwater harvesting systems, however. If a filter is required instead, or in conjunction, then do have a look at the superb 3P Filter Collector with Universal Link Kit or the 3P Rainus Filter.
- Screens out larger debris such as leaves, moss and twigs.
- For roof areas up to 80 m² with light-medium leaf fall (for higher load we recommend the 3P Leaf Separator).
- Comes in three colours black, brown and grey.
- Made from ultra-durable, high quality, impact resistant and UV stabilised plastic.
- Comes with UK adaptors to fit 65mm square or 68mm, 80mm, 90mm and 100mm round downpipes (shown in images).
- Requires only minimal maintenance - simply emptying from time to time.
Guides and ideas
A bit undecided about what options are available to you?