Auro 751 Casein Paint Powder
Milk Wall Paint
This solvent-free white, satin-matt natural wall paint is suitable for most internal wall and ceiling surfaces including: woodchip wallpaper, loam rendering, gypsum plasterboard, concrete, brickwork, lime and cement rendering, lime sand brickwork.
Auro 751 Casein Paint is higly breathable so perfect in older buildings and natural builds. Similar to traditional milk wall paints that have been used throughout the centuries to decorate our homes. It is a solvent free and preservative free alternative to conventional paint products.
The casein paint arrives in powder form (saving on CO2 as it is lighter to transport to you). Simply mix with water, preferably with a paint stirrer attached to the drill. If you want to add some colour, the mixed paint can be tinted with Auro 350 Lime tinting base.
Auro 751 s not suitable for for damp rooms.
- Manufactured from natural minerals and materials. Auro Raw Material Guide (opens in new tab)
- Suitable for application on most interior surfaces such as; woodchip wallpaper, loam rendering, gypsum plasterboard, concrete, brickwork, lime and cement rendering, lime sand brickwork.
- Zero VOC content while in powder form
- Breathable: < 0.05m SD value
- Anti-mould properties
- Colour: White. Can be tinted with Auro 350 Lime tinting base.
- Translucent when wet, opaque when dry
- Solvent Free
- Preservative Free
- Coverage approx: 75g of powder per m²
- Drying Time approx 6 hours though high humidity and low temperatures may lengthen drying times. (1-3 coats generally required).
- Can be applied by brush or roller.
- Mineral fillers
- Titanium dioxide
- Milk casein
- Calcium hydroxide
- Sodium bicarbonate
Drying time: Quick drying approx 6 hours between coats, Fully dried after about 24 hours.
Approx coverage: 75g of powder per m². Therefore 3Kg will cover approx 40m²
Natural products are neither odourless nor emission-free. The use of organic, natural and plant based ingredients means that allergy and asthma sufferers and people who are chemically sensitive are much more able to tolerate Auro products, however they may cause allergic reactions in some. If you wish to know about what raw ingredients Auro use in their products please visit our Auro Raw Materials Guide.
Complete the look
Add some colour to your milk paint. Add up to 20% of Auro 350 Lime tinting base select one or more colours and mix to create your own unique colour.
See the 751 Technical Data Sheet for full details, however in brief:
- Make sure the substrate surface is clean and sound. Remove oil or synthetic coatings (walls can be washed with Auro 435 natural sugar soap if required).
- Fill holes and cracks with Auro 329 Natural Wall Filler.
- Mix Casein Paint Powder with water ( approx 1.5 parts powder to 1 part water by volume)
- Add tinting if required and mix thoroughly.
- Apply a priming coat (wash coat) if required (Mixed Auro 751 additionally diluted with max 30% water).
- Apply 1-3 coatings of casein paint.
Brushes and rollers can be cleaned with water.
You may also need Brushes or Rollers, Masking Tape and Paint Trays - see our Painting Accessories page.