Auro 555 Coloured Premium Washable Emulsion
Washable Wall Paint
Auro 555 is a natural and non toxic washable wall paint with great covering power. Ideal for high traffic areas, kitchens and bathrooms, and commercial projects.
Developed by Auro's innovative Colours for Life system Auro 555 is their latest premium emulsion paint for interior walls and ceilings and it’s better than ever! Auro 555 is the coloured shades version of Auro's long established white washable emulsion Auro 524. It has all the great qualities; hard wearing matt coating, high levels of breathability, high abrasion resistance and made of entirely natural ingredients AND is available in 80 beautiful colours.
Non toxic and eco-friendly, it contains only natural ingredients (it's Vegan) with the full declaration of ingredients available on the technical datasheet found below.
Thanks to Auro's ecological choice of raw materials and compliance with the strict AgBB criteria on emissions (a German evaluation scheme for VOC emission from construction products), this product is a special recommendation for use in living areas.
Auro washable wall paint has excellent coverage and hiding power. It is really easy to use as it has a very low tendency to drip or spatter.
Dark colours have a premium in terms of cost as they cost more to manufacture. Auro do not compromise on their ingredients, this includes their pigments.
If you require white please go to Auro 524.
- Manufactured from natural minerals and materials. Auro Raw Material Guide (opens in new tab)
- Suitable for application on most interior surfaces such as; wallpaper, plaster, clay, concrete, gypsum plaster boards, lime plasters etc. For highly alkaline surfaces such as lime plasters please consider using a sample as the alkalinity may slightly discolour the paint.
- Very low VOC content, < 1g/Litre
- Breathable, < 0.1m SD value
- Abrasion Class 2 or 3 - values vary depending on the colour (lighter colours with less pigment are more washable than darker).
- Coverage 8-10²/litre
- Drying Time approx 4-6 though high humidity and low temperatures may lengthen drying times. (2 coats generally required)
- Suitable to be applied by brush, spray or roller.
Drying time: Quick drying 4-6 hours between coats, 48 hours to fully cured
Approx coverage: 1 Litre = 9m², 2.5 Litre = 23m², 10 Litre = 90m²
- Mineral fillers
- Titanium dioxide
- Mineral pigments
- Surfactants made of rapeseed and castor oils
- Low level of synthetic preservatives (BIT & MIT)
*Replebin is an innovative, biogenic binder. It has been developed by Auro throughout a long term and complex research process. Replebin consists of plant alcohol esters with organic acides. This modern binder is legally protected and only available at Auro.
Natural products are neither odourless nor emission-free. The use of organic, natural and plant based ingredients means that allergy and asthma sufferers and people who are chemically sensitive are much more able to tolerate Auro products, however they may cause allergic reactions in some. If you wish to know about what raw ingredients Auro use in their products please visit our Auro Raw Materials Guide.
Auro 555 Paint Colours
Agapanthus, Allium, Aloe Vera, Anemome, Apple Blossom, Artemesia, Artichoke, Bees Honey, Blackthorn, Bronze Fennel, Cactus, Calendula, Indian Prince, Catkins, Constance Spry, Copper Beech, Corn Cockle, Cornflower Blue, Cotton White, Cow Parsley, Crab Apple, Cumin Seed, Daffodil, Daisy, Early Rhubarb, Elderflower, Forget-Me-Not, Fox-and-Cubs, Fritillary, Grape Hyacinth, Heather, Honeysuckle, Hydrangea Bluebird, Jade Vine, Johnsons Blue, Lambs Ear, Lemon Sage, Licorice Fern, Lily of the Valley, Lords and Ladies, Magnolia Noir, Mahogany Splendor, Malt Hops, Meconopsis, Mind Your Own Business, Mistletoe, Morel Mushroooms, Mrs Wilmotts Ghost, Mustard Seed, Nasturtium, Nutmeg Spice, Olive Trees, Orange Blossom, Paperwhites, Pasque Flower, Pauls Himalayan Musk, Peppercorns, Peppermint, Pistachio, Powis Castle, Primrose, Sea Holly, Silver Birch, Snowdrop, Solomons Seal, Speedwell, Spring Lime, Sunflower, Sweet Cicely, Tea Leaves, Turmeric, Turquoise Pompon, Water Lily, Wood Sage, Weeping Pear, White Bryony, Wild Marjoram, Wisteria, Wood Spurge, Yorkshire Fog Grass, Zinnia.
Also available in White - See Auro 524.
Complete the look
For Wood and Trim we recommend (within the Auro Range), Auro 935 Linseed Oil Based Gloss Paint (White).
How to prep walls for painting
See the 555 Technical Data Sheet for full details, however in brief:
For previously painted walls
- Remove flaking and unstable paint. Fill any cracks with Auro 329 Natural Wall Filler.
- Wash down and clean the wall with Auro 435 Natural Sugar Soap.
- For surfaces that paint doesn't stick to easily and in situations where stains are coming through the walls, you might want to consider a using a Stain Block - either Auro 505 Fine Stain Block or Auro 506 Textured Stain Block.
For newly plastered walls
You can prime walls with:
- a "Mist" coat of this paint (Auro 555 diluted with a maximum of 10% water), or
- a mist coat of AURO 321 Natural Economic Emulsion White, or
- on highly or irregularly absorptive substrates we recommend priming with AURO 301 Natural Plaster Primer.
Customers also viewed
£35.50 (inc VAT) £29.58 (ex VAT)
£25.99 (inc VAT) £21.66 (ex VAT)
£31.50 (inc VAT) £26.25 (ex VAT)
£36.00 (inc VAT) £30.00 (ex VAT)