- Auro 148 Natural Red Cabin Paint
Swedish Red Paint
Get the Swedish House look with Auro Swedish red paint. This oxide red paint is a solvent-free pigment colour wash designed to be used on rough sawn wood finishes on residential and garden buildings.
Auro 148 Swedish Red doesn't flake, it will fade over time and can be easily reworked. Just brush off and repaint.
Also known as Falu red paint or falun red paint. In Finland, falu red is known as punamulta in Finnish and rödmylla in Swedish. It is a deep red paint that is used on traditional swedish houses, wooden cottages and barns.
For the perfect Swedish look paint window and door frames with a contrasting white paint such as Auro 250 Natural Gloss paint.
- For untreated, rough wood
- Exterior use
- Easy to use
- Water based
- Virtually VOC free paint: 0 g/l
- Breathability: Microporous
- Solvent free (MI free)
- Biocide free
- Colour: Oxide Red
- Brush application
- Coverage approximately 4m² per litre
Drying time: Dust dry after about 2 hours, Allow 24 hours between coats
Approx coverage: 2.5 Litre = 10m², 10 Litre = 40m²
- Mineral fillers
- Mineral pigments
- Linseed oil
- Wheaten flour
- Vitriolic iron
Note: This is not recommended on woods which are rich in active substances (e.g. oak, Douglas fir) as they can cause discoloration and problems with adhesion.
Natural products are neither odourless nor emission-free. The use of natural and plant based ingredients means that allergy and asthma sufferers and people who are chemically sensitive are much more able to tolerate Auro products, however they may cause allergic reactions in some. If you wish to know about what raw ingredients Auro use in their products please visit our Auro Raw Materials Guide.
For more detailed information download the 148 Technical Data Sheet and 148 Safety Data Sheet.
Complete the look
For Wood and Trim we recommend (within the Auro Range), Auro 250 Natural Modern Gloss (White).
See the 148 Technical Data Sheet for full details, however in brief:
On bare wood:
- Clean the wooden substrate.
- Roughen smooth planed wood if necessary
- Check wood moisture level (max. 12% for hard wood, 15 % for soft wood)
- Apply 1 x thinned coat (Auro 148 diluted with 20% water)
- Allow to dry (approx 24 hours)
- Apply 1 x undiluted coat
- Apply an extra coat over wood knots and nail heads.
On previously painted surfaces
For very worn or damaged surfaces. Redecorating part surfaces is possible but differences in colour may occur depending in the level of wear and tear.
- Clean surface thoroughly and dust off
- Fully remove non-workable or non-adhesive layers
- Paint as if on bare wood
- Brush out excess after use then clean with water and, if necessary, add Auro 411 Natural Brush Cleaner.
You may also need Brushes or Rollers, Masking Tape and Paint Trays - see our Painting Accessories page.