- Auro 108 Natural Worktop Oil
Kitchen Worktop Oil
Auro 108 is a high grade kitchen worktop oil that shields your wooden worktops and kitchen furniture from wear and tear, creating a formidable barrier against dirt, water and grime. The transparent, satin-matt finish is simply beautiful.
Give your dream kitchen a refined look even if it’s 20 years old: worktop oil for the regular maintenance of solid wood kitchen cupboard doors and worktops. Protects surfaces from dirt and water, emphasizes the wood’s natural grain and provides breathable surfaces for a healthy indoor climate.
Easy to use. Made of entirely natural oils blended to give the best performance in the kitchen whilst nourishing and protecting the wooden surfaces.
- Manufactured from natural minerals and materials. Auro Raw Material Guide (opens in new tab)
- Very low VOC content, < 1g/Litre
- Made of purely natural oils
- Very hard-wearing
- Easy to use
- Certified as safe for toys (DIN EN 71 Part 3)
- Saliva and Sweat proof (DIN 53160)
- Can be diluted with Auro 191 Natural Thinner for low absorbency woods (max 20%)
- Tung oil
- Linseed oil
- Sunflower oil
- Castor oil
- Drying agents (cobalt-free)
- Fatty acids
Drying time: Recoatable after 24 hours. Full hardness after approx 4 weeks.
Approx coverage: 0.375 Litre = 8m², 0.5 Litre = 11m²,
Natural products are neither odourless nor emission-free. The use of organic, natural and plant based ingredients means that allergy and asthma sufferers and people who are chemically sensitive are much more able to tolerate Auro products, however they may cause allergic reactions in some. If you wish to know about what raw ingredients Auro use in their products please visit our Auro Raw Materials Guide.
- Immediately after use clean brushes, rollers etc with Auro 191 Natural Thinner
- Wash out with Auro 411 Natural Brush Cleaner.
You may also need Brushes or Rollers, Masking Tape and Paint Trays - see our Painting Accessories page.
See the 108 Technical Data Sheet for full details, however in brief:
- Make sure the surface is clean and sound.
- Previously oiled and worn surfaces should be sanded to remove old coatings.
- Apply Auro 108 evenly and take off surplus oil within 30 minutes with a clean, lint-free cloth or pad.
- The application can be repeated after 24 hour should the surface still appear unsaturated.
- Do not expose to moistrure for 3 days and treat carefully until the final hardness is achieved (approx 4 weeks).
Maintenance and Care
- Clean surfaces with lukewarm water .
- Revive the upper oil layer by reapplying a thin layer of Auro 108 as necessary.