Ican - Grepp-V Primer
Ican Grepp V Primer Sealer is a wateborne Acrylic-Alkyd white-pigmented sealer, with stain blocking properties. It is suitable for most interior and exterior surfaces. Ican Grepp V's excellent adhesion to most new or previously painted surfaces, makes it an ideal product for those who want alkyd based quality in a waterborne primer.
Grepp V is fast drying and can be tinted to various colours. It can be overpainted with acrylic and alkyd based paints. Suitable for use with all eico paints.
Areas of Use
Interior and exterior: Walls, ceilings, roof tiles, wooden and metal surfaces including radiators.
Substrates: Wood, metal, plaster, gypsum board, hardboard, tiles, glass, walls, bricks, lead, PVC, concrete, fibreglass, wallpaper, Formica etc.
- The surface must be dry, clean and free of dirt, scaling paint, loose wallpaper or any type of grease or wax. Loose, weathered wood fibres must be removed before painting.
- Glossy surfaces should be abraded with a fine sanding paper.
- Fill cracks and holes with suitable filler and sand lightly before coating. Rusty surfaces have to be wire brushed lightly to remove any scaly matter.
- Moisture content of wood should not be more than 18%.
- Do not apply in temperatures below +5°C or in humidity above 80%.
- Application to be carried out in accordance with BS 6250.
- Apply primer undiluted in thin layers.
- At low temperatures and high humidity the drying-time will be longer.
- Never paint on surfaces which are warm or in direct sunlight. Heat makes solvent evaporate much quicker which reduces the possibilities of achieving good adhesion.
- Sheen level: 3 matt
- Coverage: 5-7m2/litre
- Colour: White
- Application: Brush, roller or spray
- Viscosity: 170-190cP
- Recoating time: 4-6 hours
- Shelf life: Max 2 years in dry, frost-free conditions
- Solvent/Cleaning of tools: water
- Solid content: 34% of volume
- Resin: Acrylic-Alkyd
- Density: 1.31kg/litre
- Drying time: 1-2 hours, totally dry 12 hours (At 20°C and max 85% humidity)