Auro 160 Natural Wood Stain
Auro wood stain 160 is a natural woodstain that offers long-term protection from wind and weather without damaging the environment.
Silk woodstain for coating wood indoors and out (colourless for indoor use only). Quick drying, with low odour.
Auro wood stain gives a semi translucent, satin finish. It is UV and water-resistant.
Great for staining children's toys and furniture as it is certified toy safe.
It is also suited for and widely used on bee-hives and is recommended by the Natural Beekeepers Trust.
Auro woodstains provide long term protection of wood from weathering, while being environmentally friendly. Flexible and microporous to work with moisture and temperature fluctuations. Doesn't crack or fade.
A large choice of amazing colours available as standard. You can also mix them together yourself to create your own bespoke colours!
- Manufactured from natural minerals and materials. Auro Raw Material Guide (opens in new tab)
- Solvent free
- Suitable for interior and exterior wood (except the colourless 160-00 which is only suitable for indoor use and surfaces not exposed to weathering)
- Water thinnable
- Low odour
- Very low VOC content, <10g/Litre
- Certified as safe for toys (DIN EN 71 Part 3)
- Saliva and Sweat proof (DIN 53160)
- Widely used on beehives
- Not prone to cracking like acrylic paints
- Brush, Roller or spray application
- Coverage of approximately 13 sqm per litre
- Linseed oil*
- Colophony glycerol ester with organic acids*
- Mineral fillers
- Surfactants made of rapeseed and castor oil
- Mineral pigments (160-00: has no pigments)
- Drying agents (cobalt-free)
- Castor oil*
- Sunflower oil*
- Silicic acid
- Titanium dioxide
*as ammonium soaps
Drying time: Dust dry after 10 hours. Recoatable after 24 hours. Fully dry after approx 5 days.
Approx coverage: 0.375 Litre = 5m², 0.75 Litre = 10m², 2.5 Litre = 31m²,
Please note: Colours grow in intensity with each succesive coat. The stain tones also differ in appearance when applied to different woods so testing on a small area is always advisable.
Natural products are neither odourless nor emission-free. The use of organic, natural and plant based ingredients means that allergy and asthma sufferers and people who are chemically sensitive are much more able to tolerate Auro products, however they may cause allergic reactions in some. If you wish to know about what raw ingredients Auro use in their products please visit our Auro Raw Materials Guide.
In German. All open in a new tab.
- Toy Safety Certification
- AgBB Certification (a German evaluation scheme for VOC emission from construction products)
- Blocking Stability
- Environmental Certificate South Korea
- Brush out excess after use then wash out with Auro 411 Natural Brush Cleaner.
You may also need Brushes or Rollers, Masking Tape and Paint Trays - see our Painting Accessories page.
Auro 160 WoodStain Colours
160-00 Clear, 160-15 Yellow Ochre, 160-16 Pine, 160-18 Light Oak, 160-26 Orange, 160-33 Dark Red, 160-35 Ruby Red, 160-37 Mahogany, 160-52 Lapis Lazuli, 160-55 Ultramarine Blue, 160-60 Oxide Green, 160-67 Green, 160-74 Grey, 160-82 Umber, 160-84 Brown, 160-85 Walnut, 160-88 Light Brown, 160-90 White, 160-97 Rosewood, 160-99 Black.
See the 160 Technical Datasheet for full details, however in brief:
- Make sure the substrate surface is clean and sound (for wood with existing treatments test a small area to ensure compatibilty. Painted and weathered surfaces should be sanded down to bare/sound wood).
- Woods rich in active substances should be pre-treated with Auro Special Primer 117
- For interior use you should apply at least two coats
- For exterior use apply 2-3 coats for maximum protection or alternatively 1 coat of Auro 127 Hard Primer and 1-2 coats of Auro 160 Woodstain.
Customers also viewed
£51.00 (inc VAT) £42.50 (ex VAT)
£17.50 (inc VAT) £14.58 (ex VAT)
£35.50 (inc VAT) £29.58 (ex VAT)
£27.50 (inc VAT) £22.92 (ex VAT)